Congratulations to our Young Scientists and their mentors on their great achievements at YSE. The standard of entries was absolutely phenomenal and our students did us proud! To qualify for the Young Scientist Exhibition is a huge achievement in itself as this year over 2,000 projects & 4,000 students entered initially and only 550 were accepted. Our total of 17 projects and 38 students was the highest by far of any school. Great credit is due to the teachers who supervised the projects, provided superb support, coached the students for the judging and cared for them 24/7 over the four days.
The prizes won were as follows:
- Liah Cremin – Alexion Special Award
- Caoimhe Buckley, Rebecca Sheehan & Maria O’Connor – Highly Commended
- Louise Ambrose & Emily Cotter – Highly Commended
- Liah Cremin – Highly Commended
- Rachel Hughes, Katie Lordan & Jodie Sullivan – Display Award
Many thanks to all teachers who travelled with the First Years to the Young Scientists Exhibition We hope this will inspire many young scientists for years to come.